Evaluation to Hire Career Opportunities on 3rd Shift. Working hours are 10:00pm. - 8:00am, 4 days a week, Monday night - Friday morning. ****Training will be performed on 1st shift, Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 4:00pm.**** Pay rate is $21.28 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary purpose of this position is manufacturing products in accordance with established procedures and operating instructions for the cleaning, insulation and inspection of superconducting wires. The ability to work from written and verbal instructions, procedures and work orders is required.
Manufacturing Technicians are responsible for continuously monitoring and maintaining product quality based on established standards including visual, mechanical and electrical inspection of product, as well as working in a safe manner at all times by following all safety policies and procedures.
These responsibilities include: set-up, tend and operate multiple production machines / processes; load and unload spools; weigh materials; maintain and log all information required for supporting quality and traceability; adjust and change parts on machinery; perform electrical and quality assurance tests; clean/lubricate production machines; troubleshoot production machines; perform tests and checks on products; operate micrometer and other testing equipment; handle bare product; move/store raw materials and finished goods; prepare final product for shipment; maintaining work areas and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Mathematical skills – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills, using all units of measure (whole numbers, fractions, and decimals)
- Ability to use production tools and use / read a micrometer
- Basic mechanical and computer skills
- Must have physical dexterity
- Prior manufacturing experience with the ability to prioritize and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to track and record production results and follow priorities to ensure on-time completion of tasks
- Prior wire processing / handling experience (such as drawing/extrusion/cabling) is a plus
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good English skills in reading, writing and communicating
- Willing to work overtime as the need arises
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test