Direct Hire Career Opportunity - $40.00 per hour, Non-Exempt. 7am -3:30pm or 8am to 4:30pm
Our growing Manufacturing client has a Direct Hire opportunity for an experienced Industrial Electrician.
The Industrial Electrician will work directly with, and report to, the company’s Maintenance Engineering Manager.
- Inspect machinery and equipment.
- Service operating department requests.
- Fabricate and assemble electrical devices and equipment as assigned by the Manager.
- Maintain and adjust electronic timers, brake discs on motors, VFDs and PLC substantiation.
- Wipes lead joints on cables and/or splices neoprene coverings as required.
- Responds to infrequent emergency call-ins for repairs.
- Plans and lays out tasks from drawings or blueprints.
- When other trade groups are working in an area where there are electrical hazards, the Electrician is assigned to inform or caution the workers on the voltage location.
- Checks and maintains stock of minor electrical repair parts and notifies supervisor of possible shortages.
- Handles heavy materials in and about the shop using a hand lift truck.
- Adjusts switches and relays on various pieces of production equipment to establish proper operating rhythm.
- Massachusetts Journeyman License is required.
- High School Diploma, Trade School or Vocational High School Diploma.
- Must be very proficient in troubleshooting all areas of a buildings electrical system. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Proficient in installing, maintaining, repairing, and testing a variety of electrical equipment systems such as, but not limited to, generators, transformers, switches, circuit breakers, motors, conduit and public address systems, fire alarm systems or security alarm systems.
- Ability to plan and layout work projects from wiring diagrams, schematics, sketches, blueprints and/or verbal instructions.
- Familiar with all areas of the National Electrical Code.
- Capable of analyzing and correcting problems with various electrical controls and systems.
- Must be able to operate all hand and machine tools of the trade including, but not limited to, testing equipment, ladders and hoists.
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices, and perform work in accordance with recognized trade and company standards.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Medical and dental plans heavily subsidized by the Company
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) with an employer match and employer contribution
- On-site parking
- Immediate paid vacation and holidays
- Family-friendly sick and personal leave
- Opportunities for career development